REQUIREMENTS FOR RESIDENTIAL BUILDING PERMITS
1. Board of Health Approval. (Application must be filed PRIOR to the issuance of building permit.)
2. Driveway Approval (Application must be filed PRIOR to the issuance of building permit.)
ALL STRUCTURES WILL REQUIRE TWO SETS OF PLANS IN DETAIL. IF STRUCTURE IS 1500 SQUARE FEET OR LARGER, PLANS MUST BE APPROVED BY A NEW YORK STATE CERTIFIED ARCHITECT OR ENGINEER.
Second set of plans must be picked up within 6 months after approved or will be distroyed
CONSTRUCTION DETAILS TO BE SHOWN ON PLANS FOR ALL STRUCTURES
FOUNDATION: Size of footings, steel reinforcing details, size of walls, vents, access to
basement or crawl space, waterproofing, footing drains, insulation, anchor
bolts, girder supports, etc.
MOBILE HOME: Minimum requirements of (4’) frost wall with a (4”) slab under the mobile
home with steel reinforcement rods and wire –(OR)- possibly a monolithic
or floating slab under the jurisdiction of the Code Enforcement Officer.
MASONRY: All masonry chimneys and fireplaces to be shown in detail on plans
FRAMING: Size of girder, floor timbers/sheathing, studs & plates, ceiling timbers,
rafters or trusses, roof sheathing, type of roofing.
EXTERIOR: Details of roof vents, insulation details.
INTERIOR: Door details & sizes, window details & sizes, stair details if any, plumbing,
electric & heating details, location of smoke & carbon monoxide detectors.
DECKS: Details with railings. Railing on open decks or balconies or open areas, tip
surfaces of railing 36” from finish floor with maximum vertical opening of 4”.
IT IS THE OBLIGATION OF THE OWNER OR CONTRACTOR TO CONTACT THE CODE
ENFORCEMENT OFFICE FOR THE FOLLOWING INSPECTIONS, WHEN APPLICABLE:
1. All set-backs to comply with density control schedule.
MINIMUM SET-BACK REQUIREMENTS
ONE ACRE OR MORE – 60’ FROM ROAD & 40’ FROM SIDE & REAR LINES
LESS THAN ONE ACRE – 25’ FROM FRONT & REAR & 8’ FROM SIDE LINES
2 Excavation & forms prior to all concrete pours.
3 Waterproof foundation & drain field.
5 Smoke & carbon monoxide detectors.
6 Final inspection for all entry ways and skirting.
ALL STRUCTURES & POOLS WITH ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION MUST OBTAIN
ELECTRIC APPROVAL FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TOWN APPROVED AGENCIES:
1. New York Certified Electrical Inspectors, LLC. – (845) – 339-2119
2. Tri-State Inspection Agency, Inc. - (845) –595-6154
3. New York Atlantic – Inland, Inc. - (845) – 687-2081
4. Middle Department Inspection Agency – (800) – 607-6342
5. New York Electrical Inspection – (845) – 586-2430
6. Commonwealth Electrical Inspection Service, Inc. – (800) – 801-0309
ALL DWELLINGS, INCLUDING MODULAR HOME AND MOBILE HOMES MUST OBTAIN A
FINAL ELECTRICAL, BOARD OF HEALTH & DRIVEWAY APPROVAL PRIOR TO THE
ISSUANCE OF A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE. STRUCTURES MAY NOT BE OCCUPIED
BEFORE THE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE HAS BEEN ISSUED BY THE CODE
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS:_______________________