In accordance with Chapter 140-63 of the Town of Rochester Code, any application received by the Town of Rochester Planning Board which meets or exceeds one or more of the following thresholds, as approved by the Town of Rochester Town Board~on June 3, 2010,~shall be referred for professional review and an escrow account established.~
The Planning Board shall review applications and shall authorize professional referral by resolution.~ Optionally, an applicant may provide written request for expedited professional review referral prior to Planning Board determination but must first establish an escrow account and shall be responsible for any and all costs incurred due to this request.
Thresholds for Professional Review
1. All Major Subdivision Applications.
2. A Site Plan or Special Use Permit application which will result in the creation of 4000 sq. ft. or greater total building space either by new construction or expansion of existing structure.
3. An application which will result in the creation or expansion of:
a. A public or private road or the extension of an existing public or private road. Shared driveways may be granted a waiver from this requirement, upon written request of an applicant and resolution of the Planning Board.
b. A central water or sewer system that services more than one lot.
C. An amenity which is to be used jointly by more than one lot including, but not limited to a well, septic system, utilities, or things of this nature.
d. Any type of publicly dedicated facility.
4. An application which will require a NYSDEC Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) or will cause 1 acre or more of disturbance.
5. An application which includes property in a certified State or Federal wetland or a designated FEMA Floodplain
6. An application which results in a Type 1 SEQRA declaration.
7. An application determined by the Planning Board, by majority vote, to require professional review due to special circumstances.